Mission-Vision, Values, Functions and Objectives
- Focusing on the growth and development of the medical sector in the face of changes in the medical sector and as per the norms set for the medical and para-medical sector.
- Ensuring availability of life-saving medicines at affordable prices and for Food and Drug Administration adherence to prescribed rules
- To provide modern medical services to citizens of all level of the state,
- Advanced medical colleges and hospitals, specialist doctors and para medical forces are associated with medical services.
- Citizen health and by ensuring availability of advanced, effective and safe life saving medicines to raise the standard of living.
- For citizens of the state to obtain,
- Prevention of food and feed adulteration,
- Ensuring availability (stockpiling,preventing profiteering).
Function and objectives
The goals, objectives and procedures related to the medical services and professional sector determined by the Government are implemented by the Commissionerates, Directorates, Institutes, Corporations and Councils:
- Food and Drug Administration, Mumbai
- Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health, Pune Haffkine Institute for Training, Research and Testing, Mumbai
- Haffkine Bio Pharmaceutical Corporation Ltd., Mumbai
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Maharashtra Medical Council, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Council of Indian Medicine, Mumbai
- Maharashtra State Dental Council, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Homeopathy Council, Mumbai
- Maharashtra State Pharmacy Council, Mumbai
- Maharashtra State Council of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Nursing Council, Mumbai
- Directorate of AYUSH, Mumbai